This presentation examines the impact of physical geography on the intellectual, cultural, and trade developments of three different ancient civilizations.
1. Select any three civilizations that existed within the following regions and time periods:
Early Middle Eastern and Northeast African Civilizations
Ancient and Early Medieval India
China and East Asia to the Ming Dynasty
The Greek World from the Bronze Age to the Roman Conquest
The Roman World from 753 BCE to 500 CE
2. Conduct research on each of your three chosen civilizations. Aim to provide information beyond what is covered in the textbook (which your peers have already read). Focus on research related to:
Patterns of trade and commerce
3. Create a slide presentation that addresses the prompts for each of your chosen civilizations:
Examine the impact of physical geography on the development of each civilization
Explain the intellectual contributions, artistic forms, and traditions (including the religious beliefs) of each civilization
Evaluate patterns of trade and commerce that influenced each civilization
4. Include the following in your presentation
Slide Notes at the bottom of each slide; each content slide should have at least one paragraph of speaker notes (excludes title and references slide).
Visual elements such as maps, artifacts, and cultural artwork, citing sources from which they come.
5. Then submit your presentation and your PDF slide notes for grading.
If you experience issues uploading your presentation, please review our Presentation Helps on using Google Slides or uploading and sharing a presentation with Google Drive.
Examination of the impact of physical geography on the development of three ancient civilizations.
Explanation of the intellectual contributions, artistic forms, and traditions (including the religious beliefs) of these civilizations
Evaluation of the patterns of trade and commerce that influenced ancient civilizations.
Writes with authority citing only authoritative sources through paraphrasing rather than a direct quotation.
Minimum of 14 slides
At least four slides per civilization
Title and references slide.
In-text citations when research is referenced.
Include 3 or more academic references (beyond the textbook)