Assessment task details and instructions
Description of Assessment Task and Purpose
Select two publicly listed companies (one from the US and one from the UK) which are in the same industry. Use the Corporate Governance report of the companies and other publicly available information for the latest 5 years to answer the following requirement
You are required to submit a report that assess Anglo-American approaches and critically evaluates the corporate governance practices of the companies for the 5 latest years.
In your analysis you may consider to critically evaluate the followings:
- The extent to which the board of directors have demonstrated a commitment to best practice in corporate governance.
- The effectiveness of board committees.
- The Board leadership and its effectiveness and accountability
- The clarity and disclosure of the corporate governance report
- The justification for nominations and remunerations
- The voluntary disclosure and extra reports which they have provided (if any)
- The internal controls and risk management of the company
- The ethics of the corporate governance report
- The stakeholders, environmental or other reports which they might have provided
- The trends and or changes in the Corporate governance practices of the companies
The purpose of this assessment is to judge your knowledge of the current issues in corporate governance and ethics; an ability to find, analyse, discuss and evaluate accurate and reliable information/evidence and present it in a clear, concise and scientific manner. Make sure that your report is supported and referenced by a variety of credible academic sources including academic books and journal articles when required.
Assessed intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this assessment, you will be able to:
Knowledge and Understanding
- Critically compare theories and models of corporate governance
- Critically appraise ethical theories and their application to economics and finance
- Critically review the role of the board of directors in corporate governance and organisational ethics
Practical, Professional or Subject Specific Skills
- Investigate the problem of corporate governance and the mechanisms of corporate governance.
- Explore ethical issues in economics and finance
- Scrutinise the role of the board of directors in corporate governance and in ensuring ethical behaviour in organisations
Transferable Skills and other Attributes
- Engage in critical thinking
- Effective use of written communications
- Location of information
- Construction of references/ bibliography using Harvard referencing
- Development of presentational skills
- To explore the issues of corporate governance and ethics in economics and finance
- To compare theories and models of international corporate governance
- To develop a critical understanding of ethics and ethical theories and their application to economics and finance
- To investigate the importance of the boards of directors in corporate governance and organisational ethics
3000 words report (plus or minus 10%).
The word limit is for the main body of report and the references, tables, list of contents, and appendixes are excluded from word count.
Type of assignment: Report
The post Select two publicly listed companies (one from the US and one from the UK) which are in the same industry. appeared first on BoomEssayWriters.