- Select a topic for this essay about which you are passionate. Click on the link for a list of approved topics.
- Locate five sources that will be helpful in the research of your final paper. You’re going to submit these sources in the form of an annotated bibliography. “Annotation” is another word for “notes.” Using APA formatting, write the name of the source. Directly below the source, write an annotation of approximately 100-125 words. In the following links you will find some examples of annotated bibliographies.
Here are the approved topics for the persuasive essay. You do not have to select one from your own program of study, but if you select a topic that is not on the list, you must first get approval from your course faculty member.
- Cryptocurrencies will/will not have a negative impact on our economy
- Impact of technology (AI, machine learning) in the workplace will/will not have a major effect on employment
- Workplace diversity training programs are/are not effective
- Transferable or soft skills are/are not essential for entrepreneurial success
- Emotional intelligence is/is not necessary for success in business
Early Childhood Education
- Childcare professionals should be/not be required to complete training in trauma-informed care
- Early childhood education programs should emphasize/not emphasize play activity
- The Montessori Methodis/is not beneficial for learning
- Methods for reducing bullying in schools should/ should not start in early childhood
- Required standardized tests are/are not the best method for assessing childhood learning
- Video evidence gathered from police body camera and dash-cams should/should not be released to the public
- Gender equity is/is not a major issue in criminal justice employment
- Privatizing prisons will/will not make the system more efficient
- Participation in restorative justice programs does/does not reduce recidivism among juvenile offenders
- Systemic discrimination has/has not led to disparities in the criminal justice system
Tech and Design
- It is/is not ethical to manipulate photography used in published work.
- Overuse of technology (phone, video games, social media, etc.) is/is not an addiction
- The digital divide is/is not a major issue in technology and design
- Teens who spend more time on social media are/are not more likely to suffer anxiety and/or depression
- Marketing of videogames should/should not be subject to parental control
Health Sciences and Nursing
- Healthcare delivery in telehealth is/is not effective
- Clinical simulation is/is not the best future option for clinical education
- Prescription substance abuse or the current opioid crisisneeds/does not need to be addressed
- Unhealthy diet is/is not the main reason behind the onset of chronic illnesses
- Veterans do/do not receive the appropriate help and support when they return from service