Respond to the following short essay questions:
1. Describe the challenges faced by US Customs and Border Protection agents attempting to secure the border. Be sure to include: What is the functional equivalent of the border? Give an example. What is the Fourth amendment exception as it pertains to border searches? How are seizure statistics used to justify the mission of border security? Should they be.
2. What are “open markets and closed borders” as it pertains to smuggling, free trade, and border enforcement?
3. What are the challenges of facilitating legal border crossings while maintaining secure borders?
4. What has been the economic impact of terrorism on U.S. and Global Markets since 9/11 look at this from 9/11 to the present?
5. What has been the impact of the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT) and North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) agreements on cross border trade in North America? Please include at least 2 pages per question