• Demonstrate understanding of data analysis to assess community strengths, weaknesses, and
opportunities for intervention.
• Compare and contrast community needs assessment with your visual assessment of a community
• Conduct a windshield survey on 2 different communities in the Richmond metropolitan area
• Provide a written reflection and summary of the activity and submit in Blackboard as directed
1. Complete assigned readings
2. Review the windshield survey assessment tool provided
3. Review videos of the two communities provided to you in Blackboard
4. Record your observations based on the categories listed on the windshield survey assessment tool
for each category
• Do not make observations based on your personal knowledge. Even if you recognize a
structure, or if it is familiar to you, do not include it in your summary
• Write your paper summarizing your observations, compare, and contrasts the two
communities based the data you collected in the windshield survey assessment tool.
• You must respond to each prompt (go back to the data collected in your tool) and you
may use the prompts as headers in your paper
i. Community Core
5. When describing the communities reflect on general appearance of the communities
6. Reflect on the social and environmental determinants of health for both communities
7. Now review pages 48-49 of the 2019 Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) for Bon
• As you read, compare your observations with the key findings on pages 48-49 provided in
i. For example, if chronic disease is listed as a key finding what do you see in your
observations that would contribute to this finding? i.e. do you see access to health
8. After reviewing the information provided in the CHNA how is the community involved?
• Were all populations/key community stakeholders involved?
• What value did their contributions make to the overall assessment?
9. Based on your observation and review of the CHNA What actual or potential problems did you
identify in both communities?
• What population-focused interventions would you start with? (identify at least two)
i. : If you identified transportation as an actual/potential problem what intervention
would you implement to address this problem?
• How would these interventions create long lasting change for these communities?
See Blackboard for grading rubric.
• This paper should in APA format, 12-point Times New Roman.
• First person is acceptable in this paper
• Level 1 headers must be used to label the content sections
• No abstract required
• Use direct quotes sparingly, if at all.
• The paper should include a title page in APA format
• Reference page is required
• Your paper should include an introduction that introduces the purpose of the paper and clearly
represents what the paper intends to convey
• Your paper should include a conclusion where you summarize the key findings and communicate
• The main key points you have written about in the body of the paper
• Please take note of your Safe Assign report. Remember, you can submit a draft early to review
your Safe Assign feedback before submitting a final draft.
The post After reviewing the information provided in the CHNA how is the community involved?Were all populations/key community stakeholders involved?What value did their contributions make to the overall assessment? appeared first on Essay Hotline.